Thursday, July 2, 2009

Packing, or "What Science Looks Like"

Packing is going smoothly (even if Windows setup isn't). I have a relatively small amount of stuff to bring. Most of the space is going to be taken up with my diving gear (especially since I'm bring two BC's, don't ask me why).


A small amount of science stuff will also come with me.




You can see most of the things I'll be bringing, including 70% ethanol for fixing the hermit crab noses I'll be pulling off, filters for dealing with plankton (hopefully crab larvae), lab tape, about a thousand 0.2 ml PCR tubes for samples, some Falcon tubes for random stuff, underwater camera housing, holder for the laser and safety glasses, my dissection tools, and my dive slate. Oh, and don't forget the 30,000 wires and connectors for all my electronics. There is another bag-full for the high-speed camera!

I look forward to dragging this crap all over LAX.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

How is it there? Suzanne